Subject: Re: Par Problem...
From: [email-masked] (Mike Harlock)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 19:32:17 -0800

> It sounds like you have the chroma filter turned on.  Click on the 
> Imp/Exp button under the AmigaDOS Files section.  If Chroma Filter is 
> depressed, click on it and your problem should go away.  Its purpose is 
> to "tone down" the color content of CG images to prevent problems when 
> laying to tape.  Most VCR/VTR's cannot handle the high color bandwidth of 
> computer generated images (including LW).

So, to clarify, DO use chroma filter when importing images into PAR from CG
for the first time, but AVOID it if you can if you're re-importing PAR footage
that you want to match. (it's already NTSC to start with!)

ON a similar topic, anyone notice how bad pure reds look on an IMMIX with it's
wavelet compression?  (I mean worse than normal NTSC red bleed, I know all
about that)

Overall, I think the Flyer handles pure colors better than the IMMIX cube.
Just opinion from what I've seen with my own eyes.   (I mean even going
into the IMMIX with component ins' still looks worse in that respect)

--Mike

       __
      <  \   [email-masked] - Mike "Harlock" Massee
[\\\\\\(\ (:::<===========================================-
\<      >  \           Practice Random Kindness
 \\    /    |        And Senseless Acts of Beauty
  `==='____/